Looking to upgrade your home gym with one of the latest and greatest treadmills? The world of treadmills has seen major innovations in recent years. With so many new features and technologiesavailable, it can be challenging to determine which new treadmill models are truly the best fit for your needs. This comprehensive guide will walk you through everything you need to know to select the ideal new treadmill.
We’ll compare the key features and specs of some of the top new treadmill contenders. You’ll also get tips for taking full advantage of your new machine safely and effectively once you bring it home. Let’s hit the ground running on finding the perfect new treadmill to inspire your fitness!
New Treadmill Features to Power Your Workouts
Treadmills have come a long way from the basic motors and belts of yesteryear. When researching the newest treadmill models, keep an eye out for these tech upgrades:
More Powerful Motors – Look for higher continuous duty motors (rated in CHP not HP) for increased durability under heavy use. Motors in the 3.0+ CHP range allow for intense training.
Larger Running Surface – New treadmills boast bigger belt dimensions – 60″+ lengths for stride flexibility and 20″+ widths for stability.
Advanced Cushioning – From multi-ply belts to proprietary shock absorption, new treadmills offer premium cushioning to protect joints.
Steeper Incline Ranges – Many new models reach 15%+ inclines, mimicking the intensity of hill workouts outdoors.
Faster Top Speeds – New treadmills let you sprint up to 15 mph or more, a perk for competitive runners.
Immersive Consoles – Large HD touchscreens with streaming, apps, virtual courses and video keep you motivated.
Connectivity – Bluetooth, WiFi and fitness app integration tracks progress and syncs data.
Convenience Upgrades – From fans to device docks, new details make training more comfortable.
Reviews of the Best New Treadmill Models
Now that you know what features to look for, let’s compare some of the most exciting new treadmill models hitting the market. We’ll highlight the pros and cons of the top contenders.
1. PowerRun Stratos – Best New Treadmill Overall
Our top overall pick among new treadmills is the PowerRun Stratos. This high-end model impresses with a 4.0 CHP motor, 22″ wide belt, and generous 15% incline to challenge seasoned runners. With adjustable cushioning, you can find the perfect level of joint impact absorption.
The vivid 10″ touchscreen console immerses you in global virtual reality courses. You can also stream classes, videos and your own entertainment. Wireless connectivity and fitness app integration track all your metrics. For the price, the PowerRun Stratos combines next-level performance with top-notch entertainment.
2. FitFlo XR7 Foldable – Best New Compact Treadmill
If you’re tight on space, check out the exciting new FitFlo XR7. This foldable treadmill can be tucked away easily when not in use. Despite the compact size, it still impresses with a 3.0 CHP motor and 55″ belt length. Adjust the 0-12 mph speed and 0-12% incline manually for customized intensity.
The FitFlo XR7 console displays your time, distance and calories burned on bright LED screens. Built-in Bluetooth speakers let you amp up your workout with music. Though streamlined, this foldable model delivers powerful performance in a smaller footprint.
3. StrideEver Pace – Most Affordable New Quality Treadmill
Without breaking the bank, the StrideEver Pace provides reliable performance. For just under $1000, this new treadmill model includes a 3.0 CHP motor, 20″ wide surface, and 12 mph top speeds. The automated 0-10% incline adjustment makes hill training a breeze.
The simple but motivating console displays your speed, time, distance, calories and heart rate. Though the StrideEver Pace lacks fancy extras, its well-designed basics make it a leading affordable newcomer.
4. RunRamp Summit – High-End New Treadmill with All the Perks
If budget it no concern, the RunRamp Summit spares no expense on cutting-edge features. The powerful 4.0 CHP motor and extra-thick cushioning deliver ultra-smooth strides. With -3-15% incline range and 15 mph top speeds, this treadmill is built for serious training.
The Summit’s 14″ HD touchscreen looks sleek and provides an absorbing workout experience. Stream entertainment, browse the web, and run courses worldwide. Auto-adjustment between speed and incline intervals amps up the intensity. From the quality craftsmanship to smart tech perks, the Summit hits all the high notes for excellence.
Finding New Treadmill Deals
Once you’ve settled on the ideal new treadmill for your training goals and budget, it’s time to start deal hunting! Here are tips for finding savings:
- Look for holiday sales events and sign up for price drop alerts from retailers. Treadmills often see major discounts leading up to the New Year when people are focused on fitness.
- Check for special financing offers from manufacturers and retailers that allow you to split up payments over 12-18 months interest free. This can make that high-end model more affordable.
- Don’t rule out gently used treadmill models that are only a year or two old and still have warranty coverage. Search Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace for substantial savings.
- Take advantage of price matching policies and seasonal sales at fitness equipment stores. Ask about bundling accessories for extra savings.
- Consider Costco, Sam’s Club or BJ’s for possible bulk pricing deals on quality treadmills. Just confirm inclusion of delivery and assembly.
With persistence and patience, you can land awesome deals on the hottest new treadmills. Time it right with the tips above and you could save hundreds!
Setting Up Your New Treadmill for Success
You’ve picked out the perfect new treadmill – now it’s time for delivery day! Follow these tips to safely set up your new machine:
- Make sure the treadmill is on a flat surface with plenty of clearance on all sides before assembly.
- Plug directly into an outlet rather than using an extension cord which may trip the circuit.
- Give the belt a wipedown with a damp cloth to remove any residue before turning on the power.
- Attach the safety clip securely to your clothing when using the treadmill to stop the belt if you fall.
- Set an initial 1-2% incline on the deck to provide a more natural running resistance.
- Start on slower speeds and work your way up as your body adjusts to the new workout method.
Adhering to these setup best practices will help you safely ease into your exciting new treadmill routine!
Tips for Using Your New Treadmill Safely and Effectively
Here are some key tips for safely getting the most out of your new treadmill once it’s set up:
Use the Safety Features – Clip on the safety key, keep handles free of obstruction, stand on the sides before starting the belt.
Vary Your Workouts – Change up speed and incline during sessions to provide more intensity and prevent boredom.
Take Advantage of Programs – Let the treadmill do the planning with varied, structured workouts built into the console.
Monitor Progress – Use the treadmill’s technology like Bluetooth syncing or fitness app integration to track your improvement.
Prevent Overuse – Listen to your body, take breaks as needed within sessions, and take rest days for full recovery.
Stay Hydrated – Keep water handy to prevent dehydration, which can sneak up on you while working hard on a treadmill.
Keep Your Area Clear – Secure wipes, towels, devices, and hydration off the treadmill surface to avoid interference or hazard.
Making the most of your new treadmill safely will ensure you meet your goals injury-free!
Maintaining Your New Treadmill
Don’t neglect new treadmill maintenance! Follow these tips to keep your machine running smoothly:
- Wipe down the belt and apply silicone lubricant every 1-2 months to prevent friction and wear.
- Check for signs of belt damage like cracking or fraying, which require replacement.
- Inspect the power cord connection regularly to make sure it’s secure and untwisted.
- Keep the treadmill dust-free by vacuuming around and under it every few months.
- Follow all manufacturer guidelines for lubrication, cleaning, and adjustments in the owner’s manual.
- Tighten nuts/bolts, check parts like motor brushes, and replace as needed.
Proper care will ensure your new investment provides years of reliable workouts!
Answers to the Most Common New Treadmill Questions
Choosing a new treadmill still leaves many wondering:
How powerful of a motor do I really need?
Walkers can often get by with 2.5+ CHP motors, while runners benefit from 3.0+ CHP for intense training. More power equals better performance and durability.
What belt dimensions are best?
Look for at least a 55″ length for enough running surface, and 20″ width for stability. Standard sizes accommodate most users, but confirm what works for your height.
Is more cushioning always better on new models?
Extra cushioning helps heavier runners or those prone to joint issues by absorbing more impact. But less cushioning offers stability for lighter runners. It’s about personal preference.
Do I need an auto-incline feature?
Manual adjustment is fine for most casual users. Auto-incline costs more but provides added training variety and intensity for dedicated runners.
What speed range should I look for?
A 12-15 mph top speed suits most runners’ pace needs and a minimum of 0.5 mph accommodates walking warm ups. Elite runners may want max speeds of 15+ mph.
Are built-in cooling fans worth the cost?
Fans are great for comfort during intensive training, but not a necessity. Consider one if you run very hot or live in a warm climate. Otherwise, it’s an optional perk.
What can I do to avoid boredom?
Take advantage of treadmill programs, streaming entertainment options, social media integration, virtual courses and music to occupy your mind! Intervals also help pass the time.
How often do I need to lubricate the belt?
Most manufacturers recommend lubricating every 1-2 months with silicone lubricant. But keep an eye on friction/slipping and apply lubricant as soon as those issues arise.
We hope these treadmill tips help you start your search for the perfect new fitness machine confidently. Bring your follow-up questions our way! Remember to choose based on your training style, space constraints, and budget. With all the exciting new features available, you’re sure to find a next-level treadmill you’ll love. Happy running!