Looking for an affordable, quality treadmill option for your home gym? Costco offers a great selection of Spacewalker treadmill models that deliver robust performance without breaking the bank. With so many choices available, it can be tricky to determine which Spacewalker treadmill from Costco provides the best match for your training needs and budget.
This comprehensive guide will provide an in-depth look at the range of Spacewalker treadmills sold at Costco. We’ll cover all the key features to compare, plus provide reviews of our top picks across the line. You’ll also get pro tips for using your new Spacewalker safely and effectively to achieve maximum results. Let’s hit the ground running on finding the ideal Spacewalker treadmill from Costco!
Comparing Key Specs on Spacewalker Treadmill Models
Spacewalker treadmills available at Costco range from basic to robust in their features and capabilities. Here’s an overview of the key factors to consider:
- Motor Horsepower – Look for higher continuous duty motors (rated in CHP not HP) for more power and durability during intensive training. Spacewalker treadmill motors range from 2.5-4.0+ CHP.
- Running Surface Size – Length should be at least 55” for a comfortable stride and width around 20” for stability. Some Spacewalker models go up to 60” length.
- Cushioning – More cushioning helps absorb joint impact, but less may feel more stable for some runners. Spacewalker uses both belt and slat designs.
- Incline Range – Models with motorized lift to 15% incline or more help simulate outdoor hill workouts. Others only go to 10%.
- Speed – Top speeds from 10-12+ mph suit most runners. Walkers may only need 3-4 mph capability.
- Convenience Features – Spacewalker treadmills offer options like fans, device docks, speakers and video screens.
Our Top Spacewalker Treadmill Picks at Costco
Here are the details on our top recommended Spacewalker treadmill models commonly available at Costco:
1. Spacewalker T6700 – Best for Walkers
With a 2.5 CHP motor and 20” x 55” running surface, the T6700 provides everything casual walkers need. The 0-10 mph top speed and 0-10% manual incline allow you to walk hills or pick up to a light jog. Dual LCD displays track your time, speed, distance, calories burned, and heart rate from the integrated sensors. At around $800, this straightforward model is Costco’s most affordable Spacewalker.
2. Spacewalker T7900 – Best for Runners
Runners seeking intense training will appreciate the 3.5 CHP motor on the T7900 powering speeds up to 12 mph. The spacious 22” x 60” belt allows flexibility in your stride. Motorized incline adjusts from 0-15% to simulate hill work. The vibrant 7” touchscreenimmerses you in training programs and displays your performance metrics clearly. Priced under $1500, this is a high-performing Spacewalker for committed runners.
3. Spacewalker T7500 – Most Affordable with Full Features
With well-rounded capabilities, the T7500 gives you the most bang for your buck under $1000. The 3.0 CHP motor allows for speedy training up to 10 mph and 15% incline for hill climbs. The cushioned 20” x 55” surface makes for smooth strides. View your stats on the backlit LCD and choose from 25 training programs. For affordable access to fuller features, the T7500 fits the bill.
4. Spacewalker T8100 – High-End with All the Extras
Costco’s premium Spacewalker model pampers you with luxury features. The commercial-grade 4.0 CHP motor powers intense routines up to 12 mph and 15% incline. The wide 22” belt has six-layer adjustable cushioning. The expansive 10” touchscreen immerses you in global courses, video, and web surfing powered by Android. With surround sound speakers, cooling fans, and wireless charging docks, the T8100 spares no expense for a luxury treadmill experience.
Important Factors When Deciding on a Spacewalker
Beyond just comparing specs, considering these factors will help ensure you select the right Spacewalker:
- Measure your space – Double check dimensions to ensure the model will fit properly in your workout area. Leave clearance space around the perimeter.
- Consider your usage – How often will you use it, and for what kind of training? Higher intensity running demands more power and cushioning.
- User height and weight – Larger individuals may want more surface area and motor power. Adjust cushioning accordingly.
- Costco warranty – Costco provides an extra year warranty on top of Spacewalker’s large package.
- Return policy – Costco accepts returns within 90 days if you’re not fully satisfied.
Saving on Your Spacewalker Treadmill
Don’t pay full price! Use these tips to get the best deal on a Spacewalker treadmill at Costco:
- Wait for monthly promos either online or in the Costco warehouse for potential discounts.
- Inquire about any additional manufacturer rebates or financing offers to lower your final price.
- Ask about bundling additional warranty coverage or accessories like mats and dumbbells for greater overall value.
- Consider gently used models – treadmills often hold up very well over time if cared for properly.
- Add the treadmill to your Costco Citibank credit card for additional cash back rewards.
With the right timing and strategy, you can save hundreds on your new Spacewalker!
Setting Up Your Spacewalker Treadmill
Once you’ve purchased your Spacewalker treadmill, use these tips for optimal setup:
- Select a location on a level surface away from walls with plenty of clearance.
- Plug directly into an outlet rather than using an extension cord to prevent power issues.
- Always stand on the treadmill sides before turning on the belt to avoid sudden movement.
- Attach the safety clip to your clothing as a precaution to stop the belt if you fall.
- Adjust the incline to 1-2% initially to mimic the additional effort of outdoor walking/running.
- Start on slower speeds and work your way up as your body adapts to the new workout.
Proper setup helps prevent accidents and injuries while providing the best treadmill performance.
Using Your Spacewalker Treadmill Safely and Effectively
Here are our top tips for safe and efficient use once you’re ready to start training on your Spacewalker:
- Always use the safety clip for the auto-stop function in case of falls.
- Begin each session with a slower warm up and speed up gradually to prevent strain.
- Vary your speed and incline during workouts to add intervals and prevent boredom.
- Take advantage of the built-in workout programs to structure your training efficiently.
- Monitor your heart rate using grip sensors or chest straps to remain in target zones.
- Stay hydrated by keeping water within reach and sipping frequently during exercise.
- Avoid overexertion by listening to your body and taking rest days between intense sessions.
- Keep distractions like phones/tablets secured and away from the running surface.
- Wipe down the treadmill after each use and lubricate belt periodically.
Smart training habits will keep you safe and get the most out of your Spacewalker!
Maintaining Your Treadmill for the Long Run
Don’t neglect periodic maintenance to ensure your Spacewalker performs properly for years. Be sure to:
- Lubricate the treadmill belt every 1-2 months using the provided silicone lubricant to prevent friction.
- Check belt tension regularly and adjust according to the owner’s manual guidelines to avoid slippage.
- Inspect the deck, belt, motor, and other parts periodically for any concerning wear and tear.
- Tighten any loose screws, bolts or parts on the frame over time.
- Vacuum under and around the treadmill every few months to prevent buildup of dust and debris.
- Refer to the owner’s manual and follow all manufacturer specifications for optimal upkeep.
With proper care, your Spacewalker treadmill can stay in top running shape for over a decade!
Answers to the Most Common Spacewalker Treadmill Questions
Choosing a Spacewalker treadmill from Costco still leaves many wondering:
How do Spacewalker treadmills compare to other brands?
Spacewalker provides similar quality and features to top brands like NordicTrack, ProForm and Sole at more affordable Costco pricing. They offer excellent value.
What belt size is optimal on Spacewalker models?
Look for at least a 55” length for enough runway walking and running. Width around 20” provides ample stability for most users during training.
What kind of warranty comes standard with Costco Spacewalkers?
Costco provides an extra year over Spacewalker’s generous warranties. Frames are 10-25 years and motors 1-5 years. Parts are covered at least 90 days.
Can Costco deliver and assemble my Spacewalker treadmill?
Yes, Costco offers optional delivery and assembly to have your new treadmill ready to use in your chosen room.
How durable are the motors on Spacewalker treadmills?
Motors rated at 3.0+ CHP are built for intensive use and can hold up well for a decade or more with proper lubrication and maintenance.
What kind of cushioning do Spacewalker models use?
Most use multi-ply belts with some extra cushioning material. Higher end models may also have thick decks and adjustable cushioning.
What speed and incline capabilities should I look for?
Choose based on your usage. Walkers need 1-4 mph and 0-10% incline. Runners prefer 10-12 mph and 15%+ incline for intense training.
How can I avoid injury using my Spacewalker treadmill?
Use the clip, start slow, use rails, wear proper shoes, avoid overstriding, and don’t overdo workouts when you’re just beginning.
How often should I lubricate the Spacewalker belt?
Lubricate every 1-2 months as general maintenance. But do so more frequently if you notice friction or slipping starting to occur during workouts.
We hope these Spacewalker treadmill tips help you start your search confidently! Connect with any other questions.